Working from home has become more common following COVID. The costs that you incur as a result of working from home may be tax deductible as working from home expenses.
First you need to calculate (and document) the hours you work from home:
- How many hours did you work per week?
- How many weeks did you work during the year?
If you have further expenses these may also be work related deductions:
- Phone (provide the cost and work %)
- Internet (provide the cost and work %)
- Additionally, any items purchased (monitors, chairs, other similar items) may be deductible.
Alternatively you may use the hourly rate provided by the ATO.