A problem area for many small businesses is in relation to meeting their various employer obligations.
The ATO is running a series of Webinars for small business to assist in meeting these responsibilities accurately and on time.
Some of the topics covered include:
- determining if a worker is an employee or contractor
- knowing what payments and how much to withhold from
- how and when to report and pay withholding to the ATO
- how and when report withholding to employees
- determining when superannuation is payable, and the amounts due
- superannuation choice rights for employees
- how to report and pay superannuation liabilities
Fringe Benefits Tax
- introduction to Fringe Benefits Tax
- FBT rates and requirements to lodge a FBT tax return
For more information please see the following from the ATO:
Please contact Andrew Marshall or Janine Orpwood at Langley McKimmie Chartered Accountants on (03) 5427 8100 to discuss further.
We provide accounting and wealth management services to clients in Woodend, Gisborne and Macedon Ranges areas within Victoria Australia.